Cyber Security Engineer (Threat Analyst)
Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry; is hiring a Cybersecurity Engineer, Advanced to join our growing Incident and Threat Management (ITM) team within the Technology Services department. The ITM team is responsible for maintaining data security across the JHA enterprise. The ITM group collectively owns several aspects of what is commonly referred to as a security operations center (SOC) including: incident response, digital forensics, threat detection/prevention, threat intelligence and vulnerability management.
This position will focus on collection and analysis of cyber intelligence to drive positive outcomes and maximize harm reduction for the organization. An ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and can efficiently work with high volumes of information to extract actionable intelligence. This position will join a small dedicated team of analysts that monitor for newly emerging threats (malware, threat agents, hacking tools), improperly exposed JHA information, as well as critical vulnerabilities affecting technologies in use by JHA. The team is extremely supportive and places a high premium on diversity of thought. Our differences in education, lived experience and technical expertise are what gives us valuable perspective and allows us to solve complex problems in novel ways. An ideal candidate is passionate about security trends and self-motivated to keep up with the ever-evolving threat landscape.
Jack Henry offers a comprehensive benefit package and believes strongly supports work-life balance. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within the ITM team but across the organization as well. A variety of progression paths are possible including network security, offensive security/red team, SIEM administration, cloud security, or security management. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before April 15, 2020.
This position is open to being filled to work out of the following Jack Henry office locations: Lenexa, KS or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience information technology or information security experience.
- Must have at least 1 professional level cybersecurity certification such as Security+, CEH, CISSP or SANS GIAC or must be obtained within six months of hire.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% for occasional meetings or conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with Mitre Att&ck.
- Experience working with SIEMs (QRadar, Nitro, ArcSight, Splunk).
- Scripting experience (Python/PowerShell).
- A current/active TS/SCI clearance is welcome but not required.
- Performs moderately complex log reviews and forensic analysis to identify unauthorized or unacceptable access to data or systems, including either actual or attempted access. Uses tools and documented processes to determine appropriate actions to take; or
- Responds to alerts and security-related issues following defined processes, escalates issues as appropriate; or
- Researches, recommends, develops, and implements changes to enhance system and data security, including development of new blocking or detection rules for tactics, techniques, and procedures identified via purple team or threat hunting activities.
- Provides moderately complex troubleshooting and support regarding cyber security related issues.
- Provides support for cyber security-related projects as assigned.
- Develops and implements procedures to apply cyber security controls consistent with approved standards.
- Responsible for documentation and process improvement.
- Resolves escalated security cases.
- Completes cyber security-related projects as assigned.
- Provides assistance to less experienced team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.