Finance Project Manager Revenue Focused
Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry; is hiring a Finance Project Manager to join our growing revenue team within the Finance External Reporting department. The revenue team ensures compliance with appropriate revenue recognition guidance and supports internal Jack Henry business units in revenue accounting and implications.
This position will oversee and manage the financial accounting processes and system management primarily related to revenue recognition, partnering with the revenue team and IT to support the needs of the business. Additional areas of focus include but are not limited to: leading and managing several staff, driving various process improvements, developing process automation, and audit compliance, ensuring data accuracy while driving efficiencies/cost reductions and leveraging best practices The position will be demanding and requires a strong accounting-based project manager with effective people management skills and good accounting system experience to succeed. The revenue team has grown quickly over the past years as revenue guidance has grown increasingly complex, and the position would join this strong team already performing to a very high level and having fun in the process.
Jack Henry offers a comprehensive benefit package and stresses a work-life balance. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within the Revenue Recognition Team but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: other Finance teams, Operations, or Sales.
This position can be based to work out of any of the following Jack Henry office locations: Springfield, MO (Montclair) / Allen, TX or Lenexa, KS.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of combination experience in Accounting in any of the following fields: Finance OR Accounting Project Management / Financial Systems OR Revenue Finance Management.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team as a Manager or Supervisor.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% to visit employees that may be in other JHA location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA or equivalent.
- PMP certification, or similar project management qualification.
- Reviews customer contracts for revenue recognition implications perform analysis to determine the required accounting treatment. Interface with internal sales and legal teams to provide revenue recognition guidance during the sales process.
- Provides technical assistance to management and the finance team to ensure proper revenue recognition treatment. May lead cross functional efforts and training with groups outside of corporate accounting, including legal, sales and finance to insure all sources of revenue are properly reviewed for accounting purposes and processed on a timely basis.
- Ensures that revenue is recorded correctly as it relates to multiple deliverables. Makes determinations if orders should form a single or multiple revenue arrangement.
- Document and communicate revenue recognition concerns, impact of such terms, and offer alternative solutions. Assess revenue treatment prior to deals being finalized.
- Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings. Maintain SOX compliance for all revenue related controls.
- Responsible for revenue accounting close for month-end and quarter-end. Ensure timely and accurate process to meet close/reporting timeline.
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a company wide basis.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve and automate revenue accounting processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis.
- Work with auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretations and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Lead and serve as a mentor to the revenue team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.