Manual QA Analyst
The iTalk QA team is seeking a Manual QA Analyst to join our group in Birmingham, AL. In this role, you will be responsible for the certification and quality assurance of new and existing functionality for iTalk. You will work closely with both the development and operations teams to test the newest features in our product and search for any degraded functionality or performance. You are a key member of each new feature project, looking ahead with test plans and clear concise scripts for new enhancements. You work with others to develop test procedures, both manual and automated. You are a master of detail, tracking defects and causal analyses to closure. The developers you work alongside will deeply appreciate your solid ability to find bugs before any user sees it. Additionally, you must have strong communication skills as you work with others both onsite and in other offices.
About Our Team
iTalk Voice Response is a fully automated interactive voice response system for telephone-based banking and customer service. The system is capable of user speech recognition as well as being responsive to touch tone entry. iTalk currently integrates with the Episys, SilverLake, 20/20, and Core Director core platforms. As a QA analyst, you will As a team, you will attend daily scrum meetings and monthly sprint planning with the dev team and be expected to perform testing on weekly pushes. Additionally, you will perform monthly regression testing across the entire application within the 5 core platforms.
This position must be worked from the Birmingham, AL office. Occasional travel up to 5% may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
- Minimum 18 months of experience in Manual QA Testing with a banking or credit union.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with SQL server database.
- Experience with automation testing a big plus.
- Experience conducting regression testing and writing test scripts.
- Understanding of Agile Scrum.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise test scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines moderate level scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs appropriate testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected following established procedures. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, and scope documents.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs basic testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule.
- May submit test plans and test reports for review and feedback.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.