Senior IT Sourcing Category Manager
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry is seeking a Sourcing Category Manager to join our Enterprise Procurement team. You will be supporting internal business stakeholders across all brands at Jack Henry & Associates to support the acquisition of Software, Hardware, and Professional Services.
The Category Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing, aligning and executing, the sourcing strategy for an assigned IT category with a focus on enabling corporate strategy, improving supplier management, and driving cost reductions. Serves as a subject matter expert for suppliers, technologies and markets in area of specialization. The successful candidate must be a self-starter in demonstrating the ability to problem solve both independently and in a team environment as well as juggle the changing demands of a fast-paced business environment.
The position can be based in one of the following office locations: Allen, TX / Monett, MO / Lenexa, KS or Springfield, MO.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree; preferably in engineering, business or supply chain.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in any of the following areas: strategic sourcing, procurement, purchasing or supplier management.
- Must have experience leading request-for-proposals (RFPs) and vendor selection process.
- Must have contract management and negotiation experience.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% to attend professional conferences, additional offsite training and attend Jack Henry meetings that would be across different office locations.
- Supply chain certification, such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM).
- Project management certification, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute.
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Work with key business partners and senior leadership to gain a solid understanding of strategic direction and supply requirements, corporate business objectives and priorities to develop category specific supply strategies. Provide market and industry intelligence to help inform and shape strategy.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit industry developments that benefit JHA.
- Manage contracts and suppliers within the targeted categories through supplier scorecards, periodic business reviews; active monitoring of supplier performance and risk, measuring contract compliance and other key metrics to ensure targets are being met and value is being delivered to the business under the supply agreements.
- Lead sourcing engagements and cross-functional teams in opportunity identification and RFxs where appropriate.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to leverage and consolidate the supply base using system level tools and techniques.
- Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts that meet the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Pro-actively enable and ensure transparency of spend and drive for an optimization of efficiency (procedures and cost) in collaboration with Finance function and related stakeholders
- Lead supplier selection processes in alignment with business partners and negotiate contracts up to final authorization
- Work with legal team to lead and oversee complex contract negotiations.
- Assist the financial planning and budgeting process and monitor adherence to the budget.
- Ensure internal customers adhere to the delegation of authority and procurement processes.
- Performs additional tasks and special projects as determined by department management.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.