Are you a DevOps engineer that enjoys your role, and looking for new opportunities within a growing department and organization? The Enterprise Shared Services team of 8 is looking for a DevOps engineer to join our team as we transform our structure to enable advantages of DevOps and mature our team beyond the current Agile and Scrum Methodologies. Our team is extremely strong on collaboration, teamwork, extending ourselves to make each other better, these traits are a must!
We are looking for an engineer strong in automations and scripting, public cloud applications, CI/CD Pipeline setup and tooling, and configuration management. A high, demonstrable aptitude and experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle is a definite plus! Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Enterprise Shared Services, but across the organization as well. This position could grow into a senior role within the team or other departments within the organization. As we start moving to a DevOps structure within the various groups this position brings instant opportunity to impact the team(s) and set a career path at a tremendous company to work for.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry Office Locations: Lenexa, KS / Springfield, MO (Blackman office) or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 12 months of experience in Public Cloud in any of the following: Azure / AWS / GCP.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to attend additional training, meetings and or a professional conference.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with databases and SQL.
- Experience with storage and networking devices, virtual environment.
- Experience of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
- Experience with cloud-native application deployments, and related container mechanisms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with continuous development tools; i.e., GitHub, Terraform, Jenkins, ELK Stack, Packer, Trello.
- Experience with MS Windows and Linux administration.
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
- Build and maintain system and application snapshots for use with continuous delivery.
- Develop software in appropriate scripting languages using agile design-build-test methodologies.
- Develop unit tests alongside production code in a continuously integrated environment.
- Develop and build operating system release media.
- Adhere to team design and development standards.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including research, prototyping, detailed design, development, technical documentation, and defect fixing.
- Use appropriate tooling associated with DevOps engineering and system configuration management.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot system and deployment issues when needed.
- Collaborate with the wider team on design and code reviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.