Senior Software Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
Jack Henry and Associates is seeking a Senior Software Engineer within our Internal Applications Development Service Team (IADS). Communication and collaboration skills are a must in this highly collaborative environment because you will also be interfacing with other product groups for requirement gathering and troubleshooting. A qualified candidate will have previously worked in an environment where continuous integration and the ability to deliver a working product with each sprint was a primary objective. To be successful in this position you need to be self-motivated, have good research skills, and be flexible to keep up with rapid changes in technology.
This team member will participate in design, architecture, implementation and testing of our software applications. This developer will need to be able to develop any slice of the application layer topology including the data layer, application layer and UI layer of applications that the team implements and maintains. Working as part of the IADS, reporting to the Core Delivery Manager, this team is responsible for maintain and developing internal applications for Jack Henry as well as many different integrations between other supporting Jack Henry applications. There are currently 14 individuals on this Dev Ops team and about 23 within the department, with associates located primarily in Springfield, MO.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Internal Applications Development Service team but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Software Architect, Solutions Architect, Software Engineer Manager, Business Analyst, Project Management and Product Management.
This position will be filled to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Springfield, MO (Blackman).
- Bachelor’s degree required in any of the following categories: Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Must have a minimum of 6 of technical experience in software development with a minimum of 4years being in C#/.NET development.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years experience using the Structure Query Language (SQL).
- Experience with any of following ALM systems / Version Control (Azure DevOps / TFS (Team Foundation Server) / Release Management Octopus Git).
- Agile Development Methodologies (SCRUM)
- SQL Server 2012 or higher experience.
- ASP.NET Core
- Unit testing (NUnit, XUnit, Jest or Cypress).
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.