Financial External Reporting Accountant
Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry, is hiring a Financial Reporting Accountant to join our growing Finance External Reporting team. The Finance External Reporting business unit supports internal Jack Henry business units with new and changing GAAP guidance, the preparation and filing of SEC reports, including Form 10-Q and 10K, revenue accounting, internal controls over financial reporting, balance sheet and profit and loss statement analysis, share-based compensation accounting, and other employee benefits accounting. This position requires that you possess a solid knowledge of GAAP, as well as solid written, verbal and interpersonal skills and a high attention to details in order to be effective.
This position kicks off the payroll funding process and accounts for employee benefits each pay period, provides support to the Manager of Financial Reporting for monthly and quarterly share-based compensation accounting, assists with requesting, creating, and support for Form 10-Qs and 10-Ks, assists with proxy statement. Reconciles balance sheet accounts, performs monthly/quarterly analysis of profit and loss statements, runs monthly managerial payroll reports, and provides support for other special projects, as required.
This position’s direct team has 2 members, but is part of the larger Finance External Reporting team. Each team member is self-sufficient and a self-learner, but works well within the team and larger team and is willing to cross-train and provide back up support and to help out wherever needed for team success. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within the Finance External Reporting team, but across the organization as well. Following are examples of where you could progress: other positions on the Finance External Reporting team or other positions on other Finance teams. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before November 8, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of either of the following Jack Henry office locations: Lenexa, KS or Monett, MO
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in internal or external financial reporting.
- Travel could be up to 5% to attend Jack Henry meetings that may take place at other Jack Henry office locations.
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company
- Experience accounting for share-based compensation
- Prepares or compiles standard and specialized financial reports in compliance with SEC rules and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Processes documentation related to share-based compensation transactions, other benefit plans and deductions, and other items, as required.
- Prepares and/or reviews journal entries and reconciles balance sheet accounts related to compensation, other benefit plans and deductions, and other items, as required.
- Assists with budgeting and forecasting related to compensation, other benefit plans and deductions, and other areas, as required.
- Communicates with employees throughout the company regarding share-based compensation, other benefit plans and deductions, and other items, as necessary.
- Analyzes and explains consolidated profit and loss statement variances at the required level and frequency.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply