This job posting is no longer active
Enterprise Content Services is looking for a Technical Writer. The department of 40 members creates the help systems and release documentation for the majority of Jack Henry's products. Team members author and publish documentation from within a component content management system using XML/DITA.
As a technical writer, you'll attend meetings, perform research, and test software to determine features that need documentation. You'll translate technical information into overviews and procedures that guide our users. Technical writers play a big part at JHA. They are a key link between quality assurance, development, education, and external users. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Enterprise Content Services but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Technical Writer, Advanced; Information Architect, Project Manager. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before October 25, 2019.
This position will be filled to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Springfield, MO (Primrose).
- Must have a minimum of 18 months combination college course and or work experience in any of the following fields: writing, editing, and/or designing technical content.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with structured authoring (DITA/XML).
- Conducts interviews with various users, technical staff and quality assurance staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Responsible for operational testing of documentation; interfaces with other technical writers for proofreading and editing during master documentation operational testing.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Interfaces with customer base to resolve minor issues relating to documentation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.