Senior API Designer (Banking Industry)
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a proven leader to join our team as a Senior SOA Architect in an exciting and very driven position where you will collaborate across business lines to help create new API-based product integrations and service interactions across a wide range of internal and external product suites. The Sr SOA Architect will be expected to work with the Enterprise Architect Management team to maintain the current SOA roadmap and help define and actuate the overall company SOA strategy.
The Senior SOA Architect will be hands-on with the SOA team, senior managers, and executive leaders in this highly visible role which is not just an architect/development position. This position will collaborate with a small team of very technical architects, who are either focused on solution or SOA architecture as well as development teams across the country to deliver enterprise-wide integration designs. Ideal candidates must have the ability to prioritize work, be able to work on a team that works very closely together and must also have excellent customer facing skills.
Daily activities will include supporting the current API management strategy which includes XML, SOAP and WCF specifications as well as creating new integrations through the use of emerging tools such as Swagger and OpenAPI to support JSON, and REST-based API management. Documenting and evangelizing API standards and corporate integration patterns along with mentoring technical team members on API design will be ever present activities. The top challenges for the team are delivering APIs for our rapidly evolving product, balancing development velocity with API consistency, and improving the architecture to handle the scale of 2.5+ million daily customers conducting transactions through mobile, online and other digital channels.
Working part of Enterprise Architecture, this team designs and develops architecture ensuring alignment of technology to the business strategy and customers’ needs. Candidates will be joining a team of 13 employees who are centralized in Springfield, MO, Monett, MO and Allen, TX. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before November 1, 2019.
This position will be hired out in one of following offices: Springfield, MO, Monett, MO or Allen, TX.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as an API developer or designer within the financial services industry or Must have a minimum of 6 years experience as an API developer or designer with in a general commercial industry.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% for additional training or meetings at another office location.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge in software design and implementations.
- Previous experience consuming or designing APIs for commercial applications.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI 2.0/3.0 specifications/semantics regarding REST message definitions
- Experience with Swagger Editor and YAML
- Knowledge of JSON, JSON Schema, XML, XML Schema, and/or WSDL
- Experience with financial business applications including but not limited to retail banking, lending, platform applications, and general ledger highly preferred.
- Designs the enterprise integration architecture to support alignment of technology to the business strategy.
- Provides input to product roadmaps related to integration.
- Responsible for translating the customer’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites, and typically measured by utilization (i.e., billable hours).
- Completes project level architecture reviews and vendor selection.
- Serves as architectural subject matter expert.
- Remains current with industry developments and incorporates applicable technologies into solutions.
- Provides technology mentoring to staff. May act as a team lead.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.