SQL Server Database Administrator (mid-level)
This job posting is no longer active
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Mid-Level SQL Server Database Administrator to join the team in Redwood City, CA. In this role, you will work on a team that develops and administers a high-availability SQL Server cluster which supports data persistence, reporting, and business logic for our product suite. Our team ensures the disaster recovery plan's stated RPO can be met, as well as well as provide a high-tier escalation point for complex issues. As a member of this team you will participate across the software development lifecycle including database design and development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with databases.
- Must have experience with SQL Server.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to clear a federal background check.
- Experience writing and optimizing complex queries.
- Experience with performance tuning.
- Knowledge in payment system and solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and systems analysis procedures.
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in development process.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) a plus.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to maintain all DB environments.
- Maintains several database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Maintains and manages database reporting infrastructure.
- Monitors server performance and recommends changes as needed.
- Refreshes databases as needed by developers or functional teams.
- Performs database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and disaster recovery.
- May perform installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered database servers.
- Performs database reviews and provides input to database design.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.