Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of dynamic programming team and in a great working environment? If so, this position could be for you! Jack Henry is seeking a seasoned Programmer Analyst for an environment that is composed of small teams but within a large department focusing on RPG or iSeries/AS400 programming that support JHA's core processing products (20/20, SilverLake and Core Director). Candidates will be focused on core application customer support by using their coding experience to fix base code, correct programming errors, bug fixes and troubleshooting. Jack Henry offers a great working culture, competitive benefits package and great career advancement.
Jack Henry and Associates Banking Operations Support team provides technical support of all core products to both in-house and outsourced customers. This team is also responsible for developing, unit testing and delivering software defects to customers as well as develop custom coding requested by bank institutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of programming or development experience.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation including nights & weekends.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- RPG Programming.
- Experience in Core support or development.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications for all (SilverLake) core software applications. This includes the most vital and complex multi-product recovery scenarios including but not limited to Core processing reruns, ACH reversals, various interfaces and any urgent core downtime and business scenarios.
- Available for critical technical engineering support for after-hours shifts or incidents (nights, holidays and weekends). This includes potential long durations of consecutive time over periods of increased volume such as end of year, core upgrades or as randomly necessary.
- Participates as an advocate for the customer, as an immediate authority on the software designed to address customer’s business needs.
- Assists in ensuring continued and future success of vital core processes and coordinates critical incidents with all necessary departments.
- Translates the customer’s business and software requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for software solutions and integrating software. Often project-based and typically measured by utilization (i.e., billable hours). Provides reasonable task, project bids and project effort estimates.
- May develop code for the design, creation, and delivery of new software products, enhancements, and fixes.
- Utilizes RPGLE, SQL, XML, CL or any necessary programming language.
- Unit tests and reviews programming to discover any errors and confirm that the programs meet required specifications. Utilizes conversion and software implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the company and is responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
- Provides technical assistance to support staff. Assists with implementations of enhancements and fixes by providing coding knowledge.
- Provides consultation to technical staff.
- May develop support tools.
- May assist less experienced peers.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; assists the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of industry developments and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain current service design’s value.
- Administers various change management tasks.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with development and QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.