Corporate Counsel (SEC Compliance & Governance)
The Legal Department of Jack Henry & Associates, a technology company primarily serving the financial services industry, is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel to join their team. The position will entail representation of the Company in securities, corporate governance, compliance, business transactions, and advising management concerning legal rights, obligations, and privileges.
As a JHA associate you are more than just an employee, you are a valued member of the organization that is dependent on you and your success! JHA stresses a company culture that encourages you to think outside the box and to grow in your professional career! As a JHA employee you will enjoy a casual and relaxed work environment, a terrific benefit package, and a generous PTO and holiday plan that allows you to maintain a work life balance.
Jack Henry & Associates Legal Department represents and provides legal services to the entire company. This team consists of attorneys, paralegals and support staff who all provide services to the company such as drafting and negotiating customer legal agreements, advising on compliance issues, and much more.
This position will be hired in either Springfield, MO or Lenexa, KS.
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in corporate law.
- A Missouri Bar license or be admitted under Rule 8.105 / A Kansas Bar license or a Kansas restricted license under Kansas Supreme Court Rule 712.
- Experience with policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, Nasdaq regulations, SEC regulations (e.g., Reg. FD, Reg. G and insider trading) and other regulations applicable to public companies.
- Experience preparing Section 16 filings.
- Experience in corporate governance compliance.
- Ability to exercise appropriate legal judgment, risk assessment, and provide practical advice to internal clients.
- Ability to work independently and properly prioritize pending tasks.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Advises the company concerning transactions of business involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers, and corporate relations with the general public.
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the organization.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations, and advises Company on legal rights.
- Provides legal advice with respect to administration of the Company and prepares resolutions and forms.
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates various legal instruments and documents, such as contracts, leases, licenses, purchases, sales, real estate, distribution, employment, insurance and other agreements.
- Reviews and advises company on statutes, decisions, ordinances, proposed and existing legislation.
- Advises company regarding its intellectual property.
- Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Reviews and approves advertising copy and public statements from a legal standpoint.
- Acts as agent of the Company in various transactions.
- Manages litigation and other matters handled by outside counsel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.