Network Security Engineer
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking the right individual for a Network Security Engineer position to work in the prevention group within Incident and Threat Management. This person will ensure the security of company or customer electronic information by developing signatures and policies for network or host-based intrusion detection and prevention systems, including NIPS, HIPS, NIDS, HIDS, web filtering and mail filtering systems. The selected candidate will also be responsible for providing incident response support for supported systems including forensic network analysis or other response efforts or skills as appropriate. Additionally, this individual will also participate in blue team and purple team exercises using skills or tools that include log analysis, threat intelligence, and/or anomalous baseline deviations.
To find success, the selected candidate will need to be team-oriented, strongly self-motivated, and comfortable in a fast-paced work environment while continuously improving their professional knowledge and skills.
About the Team
Working as part of Cyber Security & Network Operations – Incident and Threat Management, this geographically dispersed team of 13 is responsible for providing holistic defensive security services to Jack Henry & Associates, including incident response, analysis, recovery and prevention of malicious traffic and software.
This position will be hired in Lenexa, KS, Springfield, MO, Allen, TX, Charlotte, NC, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA and 100% REMOTE.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in Information Security.
- At least one professional level cybersecurity certification such as ISC2 CISSP or one of the specialized SANS GIAC certifications is required or must be obtained within six months of hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Leads incident response, including moderately to highly complex log reviews and forensic analysis to identify unauthorized or unacceptable access to data or systems, including either actual or attempted access. Uses self-developed tools and documented processes to determine appropriate actions to take; or
- Responds to alerts and security-related issues following self-developed processes, acting as an escalation point while still escalating issues as appropriate; or
- Researches, recommends, develops, and implements changes to enhance system and data security, including new alerts via purple team or threat hunting exercises.
- Provides highly complex troubleshooting and support regarding cyber security related issues.
- Leads cyber security-related projects as assigned.
- Develops and implements standards to apply cyber security controls consistent with approved policies.
- Responsible for leading documentation and process improvement.
- Resolves escalated security cases.
- Completes security-related projects as assigned.
- Provides assistance to less experienced team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.