The Legal Department of Jack Henry & Associates, a technology company primarily serving the financial services industry, is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel to join their team. The position will primarily entail representation of the Company in the business’s technology transactions and advising management on legal rights and obligations relative to operations.
As a JHA associate you are more than just an employee, you are a valued member of the organization that is dependent on you and your success! JHA stresses a company culture that encourages you to think outside the box and to grow in your professional career! As a JHA employee you will enjoy a casual and relaxed work environment, a terrific benefit package, and a generous PTO and holiday plan that allows you to maintain a work life balance.
About this Team
Jack Henry & Associates Legal Department represents and provides legal services to the entire company. This team consists of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff who all provide services to the company such as drafting and negotiating customer agreements, advising on compliance issues, and much more.
This position will be hired in either Springfield, MO or Lenexa, KS.
- Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate law.
- A Missouri Bar license or be admitted under Rule 8.105 / A Kansas Bar license or a Kansas restricted license under Kansas Supreme Court Rule 712.
- Experience negotiating technology contracts.
- Experience in banking law or compliance.
- Ability to exercise appropriate legal judgment, risk assessment, and provide practical advice to internal clients.
- Ability to work independently and properly prioritize pending tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Adobe editing tools.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates various legal instruments and documents, such as contracts, leases, licenses, purchases, sales, real estate, distribution, employment, insurance and other agreements.
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the organization.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations, and advises Company on legal rights.
- Reviews and advises company on statutes, decisions, ordinances, proposed and existing legislation.
- Advises company with regard to its intellectual property.
- Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Advises the company concerning transactions of business involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers, and corporate relations with the general public.
- Reviews and approves advertising copy and public statements from a legal standpoint.
- Provides legal advice with respect to administration of the Company and prepares resolutions and forms.
- Acts as agent of the Company in various transactions.
- Manages litigation and other matters handled by outside counsel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.