Database Administration Manager
This job posting is no longer active
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Database Administration Manager to join the Internet Solutions team in Lenexa, KS. In this role, you will be a hands-on manager providing technical oversight and guidance to associates and mentoring to other members of the team. You will serve as an escalation point for technical challenges and will work closely with operations and R&D teams to partner in the development, deployment, and ongoing operations of business solutions. To be successful in this role, you must have extensive experience in database administration and have an interest in working with data to determine how JHA can utilize it more efficiently.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of database administration.
- Must have experience with MS SQL.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in management.
- Must be available after-hours during nights, weekends and holidays as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong understanding of database replication technologies.
- DevOps experience.
- Experience supporting Entity Framework.
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Elastic or MapR.
- Understanding of Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL, or other database technologies.
- Experience and expert knowledge of database administration, SDLC, and systems analysis procedures.
- Plans and leads the maintenance and administration of all SQL, databases and servers.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical procedures.
- Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations for systems, development, QA, production and DR.
- Ensures all reported issues with installations are resolved. Provides guidance for escalated issues.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance windows.
- Researches and implements new or improved methods, processes, tools, and systems.
- May help plan and oversee activities relating to website server, SQL server and application server management, ensuring functionality and connectivity for all intended software applications.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.
- May manage vendor relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.