Senior Software Development Engineer - (Test Architect)
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates company has a current Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) -Test Architect opening. Join a strong QA team building cutting-edge automated solutions to real-world testing problems. You'll have an opportunity to make a significant impact in the success of the testing program for our flagship product, Episys. If you like to work in an exciting, dynamic and challenging environment we are looking for you! This position is available in Allen, TX or San Diego, CA. This position doesn’t require travel.
- Minimum of 8 years of development experience with either C#, C++ and/or Java.
- Minimum of 4 years providing test architecture quality engineering on enterprise software products and systems.
- Experience with Agile, DevOps environments and test integration.
- Experience leading test case design to provide efficient optimal coverage.
- Experience with cloud solutions (Azure).
- Experience in framework architecture and design.
- B.S. in C.S., C.I.S., E.E, or similar.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with test automation/test automation frameworks (eg: CodedUI, QTP, etc).
- Experience with virtual environments (VMs).
- Familiar with one or more IDE’s (Visal Studio, etc).
- Experience with hierarchical databases and relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, etc).
- Experience with source control software (TFS, Perforce, etc).
- Experience with Test Management Tools (HP ALM, MTM, Rally, etc).
- Knowledge of and ability to perform in an Agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for developing and implementing efficient test strategies focused on automation.
- Responsible for overall quality of functional and non-functional project deliverables/test activities.
- Direct QA teams to use new processes/tools, providing coaching and mentoring.
- Responsible to solve complex technical problems within and between various technology stacks.
- Ability to influence teams to manage technical changes (process, tools, etc.) within different platform.
- Consult with technical development leads on feature designs to ensure product testability and identify coverage gaps in existing test tools or technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex test strategies, focused on performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Consult with QA Automation team to enhance framework roadmap initiatives.
- Identifies new industry tools/methodologies that enable automation efficiencies and address applications automation challenges.
- Oversees the timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Defines or refines standards for the design and development of software. Collaborates with developers, QA, operations, and management to provide technical direction in requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level task and project effort estimates/costs and oversight.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Oversees the definition and documentation of standards. Contributes to defining and improving department processes.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies and development environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.