Performance Test Engineer
The Internal Application Services (IAS) – QA Team has 5 team members and is seeking to add a Performance Test Engineer. This individual will work closely with other team members to design, conduct and analyze performance-based testing. If you have development skills, like to use analysis tools and enjoy automating testing, this job might be for you.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within the Internal Application Services Team but across the organization as well. Jack Henry offers a great working culture, competitive benefits package and great career advancement.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Springfield, MO (Blackman).
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in any of the following categories: performance testing / load testing OR software development.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% to attend meetings and or training at another Jack Henry office location.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years of experience with performance testing software such as: Visual Studio, LoadRunner or NeoLoad
- 2 years of experience with applications involving protocols like web (HTTP/HTML) and web services (SOAP and REST API)
- Experience in monitoring and analyzing test environment servers
- Experience writing SQL queries and scripts
- Experience with PowerShell and Excel (Power View) for reporting results
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in waterfall and agile methodologies
- Develop, document, and implement performance test plans.
- Develop, execute and maintain performance test scripts.
- Create data for performance testing in various applications.
- Identify performance bugs during performance test runs.
- Triage performance issues with Application Monitoring tools to determine root cause.
- Document performance bugs with adequate data for the development teams to correct them.
- Communicate performance test results, issues and bugs to project and development teams.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst and Developers to create and document a testing plan which includes test scenarios, desired load statistics, environment configuration, assumptions, constraints and risks.
- For projects, provide preparation and testing tasks and a timeline for completing the tasks with time estimations for each task
- Perform backup and restore of data for testing.
- Monitor environment servers, capture performance counters and provide reports of such data
- Analyze test results and make adjustments to tests so they are producing desired load on the system
- Create reports showing results with analysis of transaction times and server performance indicators.
- Provide comparison of transaction times in reports of performance before and after code/server changes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.