Enterprise Content Services is looking for a Technical Writer for the Banking Services team. The department of 40+ members creates the help systems and release documentation for the majority of Jack Henry's products, while the Banking Services team is comprised of 11 writers who mainly handle content services for Jack Henry Banking core products. This position focuses on content needs for the release process for SilverLake and CIF 20/20 core systems. Team members manage and publish documentation from within a component content management system, authoring in XML/DITA.
As a technical writer, you'll attend meetings, perform research, and test software to determine features that need documentation. You'll translate technical information into procedures and videos that guide our users as well as Jack Henry staff. Technical writers play a big part at JHA. They are a key link between quality assurance, development, education, and external users. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Enterprise Content Services but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Technical Writer, Advanced; Information Architect, Project Manager.
This position will be filled to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Monett, MO / Springfield, MO (Primrose).
- Must have a minimum of 18 months of experience writing and editing technical content in a role such as: Technical Writer / Technical Editor / Content Strategist / Technical Communicator / Content Developer / Content Designer / Information Architect / Web Content Writer or Specialist.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to attend additional meetings and training at another office location.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Experience with structured authoring techniques in DITA and XML.
- Experience in content management systems and/or help tools.
- Experience working with Agile development.
- Experience in the financial industry.
- Understands software engineering terminology.
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in project and process management of a documentation set.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Identifies user needs and works with customer base to resolve issues relating to documentation.
- Writes, publishes and maintains high-quality help content and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Collaborates with Engineers, Product Managers, Quality Assurance staff, and UX designers.
- Manages the production and publishing of documentation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.