Supervisor R&D and Cloud Services
Symitar, the recognized leader in core data processing solutions for U.S. credit unions, is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and results-driven technical leader to oversee our infrastructure delivery initiatives and strategic roadmap associated with products and services delivered to our end clients.
The Infrastructure Architecture Supervisor will oversee R&D engineering and project management staff members responsible for delivering improvements that address technical debt, ensure operational readiness for new solutions, and expand our hosting capabilities in the AZURE public cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in server, storage, network infrastructure or architecture.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Previous technical leadership experience preferred.
- Previous technical leadership experience preferred
- Supervises daily activities of employees doing the same or similar tasks. Responsible for coaching and discipline of employees. Assists subordinates with difficult inquiries or problems. May perform duties of the actual job along with subordinates. Has problem-solving capabilities and a demonstrated advanced knowledge of field.
- Proficiency in overall technology architecture, drawing from broad and deep multidisciplinary experience, including server systems, storage, networking data center and cloud infrastructure, engineering/development, development operations, and database.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft AZURE Services or similar Public Cloud Providers
- Strong knowledge of enterprise monitoring solutions.
- Strong knowledge of network and router configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of networking, virtualization, authentication, and scripting technologies.
- Strong knowledge of cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over the network.
- Able to configure and maintain servers and related services.
- Excellent project delivery skills with an ability to balance competing priorities
- General knowledge of company products and services.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills.
- Strong team player who has ability to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to multi-task and resolve issues.
- Requires the ability to work in stressful installation environments.
- Understand the need to regard confidential customer and company information.
- Facilitates processes for maintaining a strategic roadmap of projects that evolve our infrastructure strategy in support of the Symitar client base
- Oversees the identification, design, and delivery of complex infrastructure solutions and services to solve project and/or business needs.
- Leads the innovation, proposals, proofs, and designs of new architecture or technologies or for the improvement of existing systems and applications.
- Manages the development and definition of the infrastructure standards, processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support business.
- Defines and refines the methodology and standards for setup and design of infrastructure to meets the needs of the business and external customers.
- Leads with IT functions such as design, needs analysis, evaluation, testing, in support of one or more functional areas.
- Leads troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Supports teams responsible for monitoring alerting systems and servers
- Oversees the maintenance of in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Leads the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Leads the execution of performance test processes and scenarios, track results, and organize recommendations for system tuning.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.