Software Engineering Manager
Are you ready to join the leading provider of online and mobile banking products and solutions? If so, we create leading edge technology that gives small to mid-sized community banks the tools they need to compete with big banks. Jack Henry & Associates solutions and products are used by over 1200 institutions across the United States and our team is responsible for products and solutions to detect fraud.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you’ll work on a team that is focused on new feature development, automation testing, continuous integration, and maintenance programming, building from the group up to support business domain. The current technology stack is mostly Microsoft .NET and SQL Server, with some container and cloud foundry services. This team and their software have been used by JHA for many years and is now seeking to leverage what they have built for continued excellence. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, technically competent servant leaders with experience mentoring and growing their team. The Software Engineering Manager will manage a team of 6 employees.
The Enterprise Risk Mitigation Solutions (ERMS) team offers banks and credit unions an individual solution or suite of products for Fraud loss mitigation and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance. Products are designed to detect deposit fraud, check fraud, debit card fraud, account takeover and money laundering.
This position can be hired in Hoover, AL, Birmingham, AL or Charlotte, NC.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software delivery.
- Minimum 2 years of team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong Microsoft .NET/C# and MS SQL Server highly preferred.
- Experience with Containers and orchestration, in particular Docker and Kubernetes.
- CloudFoundry experience.
- Performs 1:1s with team members
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Periodic troubleshooting during off hours for system failures.
- Participates in an on-call rotation supporting team owned services
- Collaboratively works across teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.