Programmer Analyst (Wed-Sat 8:00 pm -7:00 am CST)
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates company, has an opening for a Programmer Analyst in Allen, TX.
This Programmer Analyst role will be providing assistance to Credit Unions running our proprietary software. The multi-faceted support role will include troubleshooting and assisting customers while acting as their system administrator as well as testing, debugging, and editing of small custom PL/1 programs.
Extensive training will be provided to learn our intricate core solution and custom database. The position will primarily work Wednesday-Saturday 8:00 pm CST-7:00 am CST and require joining a 24-hour rotation upon completing training.
- Minimum of 12 months supporting, maintaining, and system administration of AIX(Linux/Unix) Servers or equivalent course work required.
- Minimum of 12 months of programming or support programming background or equivalent course work required.
- Ability to work Wednesday-Saturday 8:00 pm CST-7:00 am CST and require joining a 24-hour rotation upon completing training.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Financial services background.
- PL/1 programing knowledge.
- Learn the Episys database and its capabilities in depth.
- Assist in improving custom programs for our clients.
- Test and debug programs to ensure quality for our clients.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Interact directly with our clients on a regular basis and keep them informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes.
- Assist our clients as a system administrator.
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates.
- Assist other co-workers and contribute to our documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures and prepares flowcharting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.