Software Engineering, Manager
Do you want to lead a well-oiled software development and delivery team producing mission-critical enterprise-level service applications? Do you embrace highly available, scalable applications deployed to a large variety of environments? Is agile software delivery in your veins? Do you breathe the mantra “Inspect and Adapt”?
As the leader of the jXchange delivery team, you would be responsible for the development and delivery of the most critical middleware solution produced by Jack Henry & Associates. Development, QA, Test Automation and Business Analysis for the jXchange suite of products would report to you as the leader of this endeavor. Thousands of business units world-wide flow through the service applications provided by this team.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Lenexa, KS.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of technical experience in software development.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in any of the following roles: team lead, mentor, supervisor, staff management or project management.
- Must have Agile Methodology experience.
- Must have experience working in a Windows environment.
- Must be able to Travel up to 5% to attend a professional conference.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with Windows Server (2012R2 or higher) and SQL Server (2014 or higher).
- 3 years management experience over development, QA/test automation and analysis.
- Strong deployment and operational experience with enterprise-level service applications.
- Experience with C#, .Net Framework/Net Standard/Net Core, SQL Server, Windows Server and Octopus Deploy
- Some IT operations experience.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.