Senior Database Administrator
As a Senior Database Administrator for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people’s lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We’re doing this by reimagining the online banking ecosystem and building products that empower and delight.
You will ensure that our databases are performant, resilient, and monitored. You will partner with developers and infrastructure engineers across the engineering organization to solve database related issues, both in development and production. You will help developers write efficient queries and review code that interacts with our databases as well as plan and execute major upgrades and maintenance tasks with minimal required downtime. You will participate in workload migration from private data centers to public cloud.
About the Banno Team
We strive to make solutions that empower community financial institutions to make digital banking personal and to stay relevant in today’s competitive, technologically diverse landscape. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. We place a high value on taking ownership, forming relationships built on empathy, continuous learning, and in general helpfulness towards others.
Within your role on the infrastructure team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with top notch developers, product designers, operations teams and leadership all across our organization. Our team is distributed and largely remote, though if you do prefer office life we have locations across the country. Work hours are flexible but gravitate towards US business hours. Occasional travel up to 5% may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
This position will be hired out of Cedar Falls, IA, Springfield, MO and or Remotely.
- Minimum 6 year of relational database management or administration.
- Must have experience with PostgreSQL version 9.0 or higher.
- Experience designing and maintaining mission-critical relational databases in production operations. Specifically, PostgreSQL, but familiarity with MongoDB, Hadoop or Kafka is a plus.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive. Including the ability to methodically dive deep into complex technical problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others regardless of departmental or geographic boundaries.
- Experience advocating to peers and teams leads about new technologies, processes,
- and ideals. Along with an awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT.
- Systems engineering experience: including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
- Work closely and cooperatively with engineering, operations, and other stakeholders in the design, implementation and support of database operations.
- Plan and execute data migrations between data centers and cloud providers. To include disaster recovery exercises.
- Contribute to the development of a strong, mature, and resilient team by assisting and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Coordinate database upgrades and migrations with the engineering and management with a focus on minimizing downtime.
- Ensure that the highest levels of security and privacy are in place.
- Be available alongside your peers, off-hours, to support the production environment.
- Build dashboards for database health and alerting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.