Entry Level - Network Security Engineer
The Technology & Security Operations - Network Security team is looking for a Network Security Engineer, Associate to join our Security Operations group. Technology & Security Operations is known for top tier network and security technologies as well as an excellent customer experience. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients, develop strong relationships with their team members, and develop their security skills in a fast-paced environment.
You will work as part of a team of 12 Engineers that bring various levels of expertise and backgrounds. The network environment you will support is largely Cisco Systems based. You will own initial support request information gathering and be the first point of contact for network security troubleshooting support to all internal Associates and external Jack Henry customers, remotely. You must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will provide solutions to our customers via email and or phone and work as a team with other engineers on the team.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Technology & Security Operations but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Information Security Engineer / Cyber Security Analyst / Application Security or progress within Network Security.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Allen, TX / Monett, MO / Springfield, MO (Blackman or Primrose location).
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of information technology or information security experience in any of the following types of categories: Help Desk / Service Desk /Network Support and or Call Center.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to attend additional team meetings / training / professional conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with enterprise networking gear; routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Network+, Security+, A+ or vendor specific networking certifications.
- Responsible for proactive monitoring of support queues to ensure proper priority is given to each request.
- Responsible for ensuring all support requests have all necessary network information to facilitate troubleshooting, implementation or escalation.
- Responsible for initial investigation of network level alerts.
- Follows network security standards and designs created by engineering team.
- Acts as a central point of contact for internal and external customers on network security issues.
- Performs systems monitoring, log reviews and analysis to identify when system has moved out of compliance. Uses tools to determine appropriate actions to take.
- Responds to alerts and security-related issues.
- Provides basic troubleshooting and customer support regarding security related issues.
- Performs penetration testing and vulnerability scanning and coordinates remediation.
- Identifies and evaluates new antimalware tools.
- Provides support for security-related projects as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.