iSeries Systems Administrator
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your iSeries/AS400 experience in a team oriented environment? If so, this position may be perfect for you! The IBM i System Administrator will be a key member of a team responsible for monitoring, maintaining, updating, securing, troubleshooting, and recovering systems in large IBM i Data Center environment. The Administrator will report to the System Administration Manager, OutLink Data Center Infrastructure, and will work with 8 other professionals to address the needs of the department. Good verbal and written communications are needed for this position to interact with internal and external customers. Administrator responsibilities are to maintain multiple system i partitions to ensure customer access and application uptime, work with data center operations, internal groups, and customers to resolve customer and data center issues. Also, this position will assist with disaster recovery/business continuity operations. Jack Henry offers career growth opportunities and competitive benefits.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IBM i Administration
- Able to work extended hours and flexible/on-call schedules as business needs dictate
- IBM System i Administrator (7.2) certification
- Experience with Independent ASPs in IBM i environment
- Mimix replication experience
- CCSS product monitoring experience
- Performance Navigator product experience
- Maintain partitions to ensure system availability and security for customer and application access
- Monitor systems to ensure optimum performance and availability
- Review security reports to ensure documented security standards are being enforced.
- Assist in preparation and periodic recovery testing of DR plans
- Assist with live recovery operations in the event of a fault or disaster
- Research and resolve system i and customer related issues in a timely fashion
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support rotation
- Perform system saves, restores as required for effective system backup and recovery
- Perform system installations and hardware updates as required
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining tape operations
- Install IBM operating system upgrades as required
- Install IBM PTFs and PTF packages as required
- Perform performance analysis / reporting functions, trend analysis, and capacity planning as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.