Senior Cisco Network Engineer
TechOps Network Services is seeking a qualified Network Engineer to administer and maintain the network in our data center locations. This includes regularly scheduled maintenances, switch port configurations, routing changes and changes to security policies within the switching fabric. This position will support a wide range of switching platforms including Cisco IOS, NXOS, ACI and Arista EOS. The team is also responsible for supporting DMVPN technologies and the candidate should be proficient in EIGRP and BGP routing protocols as well as ipsec.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within TechOps but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Network Engineer, Advisory, Network Engineering , Supervisor/Manager/Sr Manager. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before November 22, 2019.
This role can be located in the following Jack Henry office locations: Springfield, MO (Primrose) / Monett, MO / Allen, TX / Remote
- Must have a minimum 6 years of experience in network engineering.
- Must have a Cisco CCNA Switch/Route Certification.
- Travel is up to 10% to attend meetings and to support internal network maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certification(s).
- Experience with Cisco ACI.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with firewall, load balancing technologies, as well as virtualized environments.
- Strong project management skills.
- Installs current network operating system on new or existing devices and/or installs communication equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Installs software on networking devices.
- Provides phone support to employees or customers relative to networking technology.
- Analyzes network topologies to determine potential issues and makes suggestions for recommended changes.
- Creates network assessments and certifications.
- Assists and mentors less experienced peers.
- Installs current network operating server software on new or existing server-class hardware and/or installs communication equipment including routers, terminal servers, switches and firewalls.
- Installs supporting applications and peripherals on the above mentioned servers including tape backup hardware and software, email software, anti-virus software, etc. and/or implement technologies.
- Installs user workstation hardware, operating software and various application software and/or pre-configured equipment.
- Configures user IDs and customer-specific settings on servers and transfers data from the old environment to the new environment.
- Corresponds with customer and other divisions within the company to insure all customer concerns and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists Sales by analyzing customer requirements and recommending appropriate products and services.
- Prepares statements of work relative to upcoming network installations and general preparations for installations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.