QA / Software Testing Analyst
The Internal Application Services (IAS) - QA Team has an opening for an Advanced Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst position. The IAS QA Team has 5 team members and is seeking to replace one position. The QA Analyst is a key participant in ensuring the quality of software and applications used by JHA employees and customers by implementing manual, automated and mobile UI application testing strategies. This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of test cases, both functional and regression, and completing the testing therein. Throughout the testing process, analyst will analyze, record, and document the results of the tests and provide insight on the variances between the planned results versus actual results. This individual will work closely with our developers and business analyst focused on specific software applications to ensure the code they are producing is tested and changes to any of our configurations occur as planned.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within the Internal Application Services Team but across the organization as well. The position could grow into a Quality Assurance Analyst Senior, Test Automation Advanced, Business Analyst Senior, Project Management, and Product Management. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before November 30, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Springfield, MO (Blackman) and Monett.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in Quality Assurance or Software Testing.
- Must have 1 year of SQL experience.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% to attend meetings and or training at another Jack Henry office location.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Test Management software experience (Azure DevOps or Visual Studio TFS).
- Experience with working with Agile or DevOps methodology.
- Customer Relationship Management/ Help Desk software experience.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise test scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure. May review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, and scope documents.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs moderately complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May perform test reviews.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.