Systems Administration Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your leadership skills and work with the latest system designs and operations in a fast paced, financial services environment? If so, this position might be perfect for you! We’re looking for a Systems Administration Manager, who will be responsible for managing the activities of Systems Support and Release Management teams. Systems Support (Netops) team is responsible for Windows Server support and User Support. Server environment can include; application, product development, file transfer, web and database servers. Release Management team is responsible for deploying all developed software through appropriate environments, application configuration, and maintaining all deployment channels. As a leader, you will be involved with special projects as needed and will look for areas to improve processes and procedures and work collaboratively with your team.
As a manager, you will be expected to be hands-on with your team technically, this is not just a management position. To succeed, ideal candidates must be flexible to assist with daily technical support, handle escalated issues and supervise a small team of 5 to 8 employees.
The Infrastructure Services team partners with Jack Henry Corporate support teams, being responsible for keeping iPay Solutions' Production products and systems available, healthy, secure, and compliant. This team is also responsible for the configuration of all server environments included in iPay's SDLC and deployments into each of those environments
This position may be located in Elizabethtown or Louisville, KY only.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in Windows Server 2008 Administration or more recent
- Minimum 2 years of leadership, supervisory or manager experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of products offered by JHA.
- Ability to oversee all aspects of systems/network administration to include design, installation, configuration, maintenance, security and DR.
- Ability to maintain and improve system reliability and performance.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend sound technology solutions.
- Ability to guide in the resolution of customer problems in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of contiguous integration and continuous deployment practices.
- Experience with agile scrum development frameworks.
- Experience with Kanban boards or similar workflow management tool.
- Ensures systems are monitored for optimum performance and availability.
- Oversees the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of systems
- Oversees the implementation of system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Ensures that customer and internally-reported system problems are resolved.
- Provides direction in the implementation and monitoring of corporate security policies.
- Ensures system procedures, policies and events are documented and implemented.
- Schedules 24x7 support on-call rotation.
- Manages system backup and restore testing processes.
- Manages periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May also be responsible for planning and leading the maintenance and administration of all SQL, web and/or application servers.
- Oversees the deployment of development code to all appropriate development, test, and production environments.
- Ensures teams participate in and complete Continuous Process Improvement initiatives
- Drive DevOps vision and expansion
- Oversee the collection and submittal of compliance requests
- Responsible for department budget.
- Performs hiring, firing, objective setting, performance appraisals, coaching and pay reviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.