Senior Director of DevOps
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a highly experienced Senior Director of DevOps, reporting to the CIO who will be responsible for leading the delivery of cloud-based software platforms, services and solutions to internal and external customers of Jack Henry. Candidates in this role will be leading engineering efforts and advanced operational support in the areas of delivery of cloud-based solutions, customer support, process improvement, and product enhancements. As our DevOps leader, you will be focused on unifying Jack Henry’s development and operations teams, prioritizing collaboration with cross-functional teams for the purposes of increasing employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and profitability. The DevOps leader will leverage innovation and evangelize the concept of continuous process improvement to deliver shorter development cycles, elevate the frequency plus further normalize our product enhancements/releases, and improve support enabling predictability.
Enterprise Application Services provides relationship management with all business units, development of internal applications both marketed and non-marketed, integration management, hosted services support and data management. This team develops, execute strategy for technology delivery and operations. The team places heavy focus on building processes with tools designed to drive automation and innovation across Jack Henry. The tools intend to improve efficiency, streamline integration testing and infrastructure deployment, reduce time-to-market, integrate security and compliance posture into an enterprise level continuous pipeline, accurate capacity and demand forecasting, rapid issue response, end-to-end monitoring and alerting, increase associate skillsets with advanced career track/satisfaction.
This position can be worked out of the following Jack Henry offices; Allen, TX, Springfield, MO, Lenexa, KS or be 100% REMOTE from any US location.
- Must have a minimum 10 years of experience within an IT and/or Cloud operations technology organization.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience with the following categories: Azure and or AWS.
- Must have experience in any of the following categories: automation or orchestration Chef, Puppet / Ansible / Salt / Terraform / Kubernetes / Docker/ CI-CB pipeline.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of managing leaders.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% to attend customer meetings, events and or professional conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proven experience with various cloud delivery models (Hybrid, Public Cloud).
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, MapR.
- Experience with Agile development, techniques and methodologies associated with the delivery of cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of several monitoring tools and frameworks (Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus, etc.)
- Experience in driving process improvements with a strong focus on leveraging technology for the establishment of fluid interactions between teams.
- Solid understanding of network switching, routing and client-server architecture.
- Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating a product technology vision and fostering effective engineering practices and culture.
- Through subordinate managers:
- Provides direction and oversight in the accurate and timely installation of software products and services. Ensures customer satisfaction during all phases of the installation. Ensures installations are completed on-time and within budget. Provides assistance in resolving issues when required.
- Ensures the proper functionality of all software applications through programming analysis activities.
- Oversees all customer support functions. Ensures technical support personnel possess the appropriate amount of knowledge of JHA products and services in order to successfully serve our customers. Implements processes and procedures to improve communication and resolution time and promote an extraordinary customer service experience. Ensures all technical support personnel follow standard jSource processes and procedures. Enforces corporate Service Level Standards (SLS). Reviews SLS reports to ensure proper transfer and escalation procedures are followed.
- Oversees customer relationship management activities to ensure satisfaction with services provided.
- Oversees application education activities to ensure customers are properly trained.
- Provides direction and oversight in consulting services activities, ensuring accurate assessment of customer environments resulting in recommendations that will improve processes and reduce costs for customers.
- Personally and through subordinate managers, interacts with Sales and provides input to sales contracts.
- Manages the budgetary and financial aspects of the department, including preparing and approving annual capital budget, annual operating budget, anticipated growth, and other resources to support continued expansion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply