Computer Operator II
The Jack Henry & Associates Data Center in Lenexa, KS has a full time opportunity available for a Computer Operator II. This position requires a keen eye for the details, ability to work in a fast paced environment, and the ability to work independently as well as function as an integral part of a team. This team works with the processing of clients using our data center. The computer operators provide support to both internal and external customers. The computer operator monitors systems to make certain they are running appropriately, and responds to any incidents in a timely manner.
Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, and weekends. The current shifts available are 4:30 pm to 3:30 am Friday to Monday (10 hour shifts) or 1pm-10pm Monday through Friday (8 hour shifts).
- Minimum of 1 year of working as a computer operator in a data center environment or computer operation experience.
- Associate degree.
- Financial Institution experience.
- FTP experience.
- Scheduling programs.
- AIX experience.
- OpCon Experience.
- Maintains necessary operating records, check lists, and procedures to ensure accuracy and completion of functions.
- Utilizes scripted instructions to perform routine processing functions to meet deadlines or standards.
- Provides support to customers and internal users in a courteous and professional manner.
- Monitors the console and other online systems. Responds with appropriate actions and escalation.
- Follows established guidelines to ensure security of data and computer systems.
- Completes the shift turnover log for the next shift; and reviews the shift turnover log from the previous shift.
- Contacts the Operations Unit Manager for assistance as needed.
- May manage a Windows Server environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.