PeopleSoft Database Administrator
Are you someone who wants to gain exposure in large enterprise database environment supporting PeopleSoft applications? If so, this position might be perfect for you! Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire a motivated PeopleSoft Database Administrator to join our team. Candidates in this role will administer databases, web, application and batch process servers, with primary focus on setup, configuration monitoring and management of PeopleSoft systems to ensure systems are functioning at optimum performance levels. Candidates will also be involved with tuning efforts. This is a great opportunity to grow your current database skills in a fast-paced corporate environment.
The IAS PeopleSoft Administration team administers the infrastructure for the PeopleSoft applications for all of Jack Henry. Candidates will report to the Database Administration Manager on this small but very collaborative team, located remotely across the US. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within CIS PeopleSoft Development team but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Database Admstr,Adv / Database Administrator, Senior.
This position can be hired in Springfield, MO / Monett, MO / Allen, TX or Remote.
- Minimum 18 months of PeopleSoft Administration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Provide technical support for complex PeopleSoft and SQL Server issues.
- Able to write complex SQL queries and trace production issues out.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in development process. Strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Maintains database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Performs application upgrades.
- Assists in the maintenance and management of database reporting infrastructure.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to maintain all DB environments.
- Refreshes databases as needed by developers or functional teams.
- Performs database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery and disaster recovery.
- Performs database server upgrades.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.