Lead Software Engineer (.NET/C#)
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a highly experienced Lead Software Engineer to join the Internet Solutions team in Charlotte, NC. We are seeking a very hands-on and collaborative team lead, someone who will participate in and have experience with strategy, application design, maintenance support and coding for this product area. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding and experience with C# and .NET applications and will develop into and/or have experience with software development best practices and modern architectures.
This is a very new, innovative and exciting commercial online banking product that is attracting large interest in the banking and fintech space nationwide, so we’re seeking someone who is an excellent team player, has strong customer facing skills and has a passion for technology to meet customer needs.
Jack Henry & Associates Internet Solutions provides digital solutions to financial institutions across the country. This position will report to the Internet Solutions Software Engineering Manager and will work on a team with other technology professionals. This position will be hired in the Charlotte, NC office.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development.
- Minimum 3 years with Microsoft .NET/C#/ASP.NET.
- Must have experience with API’s/Web Services.
- Redis a plus.
- Experience with APIs and Middleware.
- Experience with design patterns and/or SOLID principles.
- Experience with Cloud Computing (Microsoft Azure/DevOps) highly preferred.
- Strong business acumen concerning development of new technologies.
- Experience with multitenancy software platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, though long tenure or job experience will offset this.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.