Technical Applications Trainer
Jack Henry and Associates is looking for a technical person with strong communication skills to join the ImageCenter Education team. The ImageCenter software is a check-imaging platform that changes the standard check processes by converting paper checks into digital images to be handled electronically. This role is dedicated to onboarding ImageCenter Express projects and providing onsite support during the client’s go-live week. Responsibilities include delivering training to technical and non-technical individuals so the ability to alternate and adjust communication styles is a must. Be an ambitious, self-directed and organized motivator who is well-versed working in various server environments, including VDI, and experienced on topics related to software installations, QA testing processes, SQL databases, networking and server security and permissions.
The Trainer must be able to lead, take initiatives, work with strong personalities, follow directions and support defined objectives. Be able to understand all aspects of business needs and requirements as it relates to the financial industry and be capable in providing consultation services and direction to clients and internal team members. Ability to document processes and develop training manuals and other educational materials is a necessity. ImageCenter Education is a structured, high producing, revenue generating department. Be confident in your abilities and skills and use this position as a platform to showcase your strengths. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within ImageCenter Education but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: other Education, Support, or Implementation teams, Operations, or Sales. If you are interesed in this position please apply on or before November 1, 2019.
Applicants should be prepared as part of our interview process to deliver a presentation of a topic of their choice; duration of up to 5 minutes.
This position will be filled to work out of any of the following Jack Henry office locations: Northville, MI / Troy, MI or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in software application installation or technical troubleshooting support.
- Must be able to communicate technical terms with internal and external IT individuals such as developers and network support staff.
- Travel is up to 50% this is potential up to 2 weeks per month and as needed to support go-live weeks at client sites and to deliver assigned training sessions. Travel days are typically Monday and Friday, unless otherwise specified. In these cases, travel may be required on a Sunday and/or Saturday.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with providing Technical and or Operational Training via onsite and or webex.
- Knowledge of the financial industry.
- Microsoft SQL experience.
- Windows Server experience.
- Designs and delivers software and service training courses or workshops. Creates, designs, and customizes training materials and procedures for each customer situation, and may consult with the customer for appropriate customization.
- Arranges and/or prepares selected training materials (binders, handouts, class files, presentation materials, visuals, software CDs, exercises, etc.) for use during live and web-based training sessions.
- Creates reusable eLearning or internet based training sessions.
- May arrange the training environment (scheduling of rooms and computers for use, location and length of training, , attendee list, etc).
- Tests and maintains software for training purposes.
- Provides customer follow-up on any questions asked during training that required post-training research. Ensures all questions are answered timely and thoroughly.
- Makes changes to training materials based on customer feedback and needs assessment. Assesses the quality of training formats and/or procedures.
- Seeks increased knowledge of features and functions of products and services. Increases knowledge of current training techniques and practices. Keeps current on product changes and upgrades.
- May troubleshoot and debug issues prior to, during, and after installations.
- Prioritizes tasks and documents problems.
- Keeps informed of most recent industry trends.
- May participate in user conferences.
- May support or train less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.