User Experience Web Designer
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire a motivated and talented Web Designer to join the iPay Payment Systems team! We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer to design and develop web applications, interfaces, front pages and tools for website navigation. Ideal candidates will understand business and client requirements, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flower customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
The iPay Development department focuses on architecture, innovation and strategic products development to meet our customer needs. Candidates will be joining a small team of web designers and developers who are dispersed between Elizabethtown and Louisville offices.
This position can be hired in Elizabethtown, KY or Louisville, KY.
- Minimum 5 years of user experience (UX) design experience acquired through education and/or professional job experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Two or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Follow Agile principles and has scrum experience.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and enable delivery wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- May participate in strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and design interfaces which are ADA compliant.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, team members and stakeholders.
- Align, educate and empower team members to follow design principles and design standards.
- Knowledge of or experienced with standard UX software such as UXPin, Balsamiq is a must. Basic HTML5 skills are plus.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Knowledge of or experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- May test, debug and implement web pages, ensuring functionality across different browser types.
- Provides ongoing design maintenance of the website.
- Keeps abreast of internet standards, technologies, web design parameters, style guides and visual standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.