Senior Software Engineer (REMOTE)
This job posting is no longer active
As a Senior Software Engineer on a services team for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a positive impact on people’s lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. Service teams create highly scalable APIs to normalize access to multiple banking systems for use in our mobile and online banking clients. They develop and support production systems, utilizing tools like cats, fs2, http4s, doobie, and more. You’ll work on a team deploying and monitoring their own services.
Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and have experience with mentoring and/or assisting in cross training of others. This is not just a development position, we are very much seeking someone who wants to grow into a team leader. The current stack is written mostly in Scala accompanied by a few Node.js services.
About the Team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want, as long as your work hours match normal US business hours. You will choose your own tools, work with modern, progressive web technologies across the stack, and contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
This is remote position with the ability to collocate at several JHA locations nationwide if desired.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with server-side programming languages.
- Knowledge of or experience with microservice architecture in a production environment.
- Previous team lead, mentorship or leadership experience highly desirable.
- Experience with Scala in a production environment is helpful but not required.
- Experience with the cats or scalaz, http4s, and doobie libraries is helpful but not required.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Periodic troubleshooting during off hours for system failures.
- Collaboratively works with across teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.