Revenue Processing Accounting Manager
Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry; is hiring a Revenue Accounting Manager to join our growing revenue team within the Finance External Reporting department. The revenue team ensures compliance with appropriate revenue recognition guidance and supports internal Jack Henry business units in revenue accounting and implications. This position will manage the activities of staff responsible for accounting revenue recognition operation in conformance with FASB and SEC guidance, managing complex contracts with multiple performance obligations through a dedicated revenue recognition software, interfacing with the company’s ERP system.
This position will manage several staff in areas of system processing mainly, as well as technical accounting and audit compliance. The position will be demanding and requires a strong accountant with effective management skills and good accounting system experience to succeed. The revenue team has grown quickly over the past years as revenue guidance has grown increasingly complex, and the position would join this strong team already performing to a very high level and having fun in the process. Jack Henry offers a comprehensive benefit package and stresses a work-life balance. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within the Revenue Recognition Team but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: other Finance teams, Operations, or Sales. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before Novemer 8, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of any of the following Jack Henry office locations: Springfield, MO (Montclair) or Lenexa, KS.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of combination experience in Accounting in any of the following fields: Revenue Processing / Revenue system conversions or implementations.
- Must have experience managing a staff as a manager or supervisor.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% to visit employees that may be in other JHA location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA or equivalent.
- Software or other multiple performance obligation (or multi-element) revenue recognition experience.
- Revenue systems experience, particularly with PeopleSoft and/or RevPro.
- Reviews customer contracts for revenue recognition implications perform analysis to determine the required accounting treatment. Interface with internal sales and legal teams to provide revenue recognition guidance during the sales process.
- Provides technical assistance to management and the finance team to ensure proper revenue recognition treatment. May lead cross functional efforts and training with groups outside of corporate accounting, including legal, sales and finance to insure all sources of revenue are properly reviewed for accounting purposes and processed on a timely basis.
- Ensures that revenue is recorded correctly as it relates to multiple deliverables. Makes determinations if orders should form a single or multiple revenue arrangement.
- Document and communicate revenue recognition concerns, impact of such terms, and offer alternative solutions. Assess revenue treatment prior to deals being finalized.
- Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings. Maintain SOX compliance for all revenue related controls.
- Responsible for revenue accounting close for month-end and quarter-end. Ensure timely and accurate process to meet close/reporting timeline.
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a company wide basis.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve and automate revenue accounting processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis.
- Work with auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretations and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Lead and serve as a mentor to the revenue team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.