Senior QA Analyst
This job posting is no longer active
The Applications Development Service Team (IADS) has an opening for a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst position. The QA Analyst role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for our DevOps team. The individual will gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and incidents. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking bugs and fixes within our software development life cycle. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate not just the application but also the process. This individual will work closely with our developers to ensure the code they are producing is tested and changes to any to our configuration occur as planned.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Applications Development Service Team (IADS) but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Quality Assurance Analyst Advisory, Business Analyst Senior, Project Management, and Product Management.
Working as part of the IADS, reporting to the Core Delivery Manager, this team is responsible for maintaining and developing internal applications for Jack Henry as well as many different integrations between other supporting Jack Henry applications. There are currently 14 individuals on this DevOps team and about 23 within the department, with associates located primarily in Springfield, MO. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before October 18, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Springfield, MO (Blackman).
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in Quality Assurance or Software Testing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Automation testing.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Track defects and causal analyses to closure. Acts independently to review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, or scope documents.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs highly complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Plans, coordinates, and reports the test activities of others as assigned. Performs test reviews.
- Develops and creates test design frameworks and teaches team members how to implement testing processes.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May lead education and training, alpha and beta testing, and changes for documentation update or correction.
- Cross-trains and mentors less experienced QA team members.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing, may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.