Junior Performance Test Engineer
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire a Junior Test Engineer who will be part of a dynamic team that will develop automated test processes and programs using technologies such as Jenkins, Java, SQL Server and Docker containers in an agile environment. Candidates will have knowledge of writing scripts, testing, troubleshooting and analysis in order to maintain system credibility. This position focuses on planning and executing test activities for the Internet Solutions team and their products which support financial institutions across the US. The candidate will learn to lead and facilitate test planning, performance test systems and execution of functional requirements to extract data to use in preparing automated test plans and scripts. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to grow and advance their career in performance test engineering and could move to senior and lead positions.
Jack Henry & Associates Internet Solutions provide digital solutions to financial institutions across the country through architecture, design, execution and delivery solutions. This position will report to the Internet Solutions Configuration Engineering Manager and will work on a small team with other technology professionals.
This position will be hired in Lenexa, KS.
- Minimum 18 months of testing experience in support of software development, automated testing or performance testing acquired through education and/or professional job experience.
- Knowledge of writing or generating SQL scripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MIS preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of Jenkins or SQL server.
- Desire to learn test requirements and develop tests to meet requirements.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team and users.
- Technical ability to understand manual and automated testing, performance, UAT, Unit, regression and integration testing.
- Develop, document, and implement performance test plans.
- Develop, execute and maintain performance test scripts.
- Create data for performance testing in various applications.
- Identify performance bugs during performance test runs.
- Triage performance issues with Application Monitoring tools to determine root cause.
- Document performance bugs with adequate data for the development teams to correct them.
- Communicate performance test results, issues and bugs to project and development teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.