Are you look for an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic programming team? Do you enjoy problem-solving? Do you have a passion for customer service? If so, this could be the position for you! The Episys Implementations Department is seeking a Programmer Analyst to join the team. This unique programming role requires both strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Candidates will focus on core conversions using coding experience to create databases, customize existing software, and support internal and external clients. Candidates will code in PL/1 and Episys proprietary language PowerOn. Candidates will work in a team environment on multi-month long projects, in which they will also travel to client site. To be successful at this role, candidates need to be detailed oriented, customer-centric, and self-starters who can work well with others under moderate supervision.
Fifteen programmers make up our tight-knit group. We work on team projects with associates from other implementations departments. We also support each other within the department. We travel up to 15% of the year, which includes some weekends. We love what we do, and we take pride in our work. We are looking for candidates to work out of the San Diego, CA office. We need another key player to join the team. This could be you!
- Minimum of 18 months of experience programming in a procedural programming language (Java, C++. COBOL, Pascal, PL/1 etc.)
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the year to client sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or similar.
- Developing professional expertise. Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- General knowledge of the financial industry.
- Good communication and customer interaction skills.
- Able to write software code; general knowledge of appropriate programming language(s).
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Working knowledge of applicable Change Management System.
- Develops programming code for new and/or existing software enhancements.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures and prepares flowcharting.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code.
- Tests code and fixes to ensure quality.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; may assist the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Creates all programming documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.