Information Architect (CMS)
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire a talented and new position as an Information Architect (CMS). Candidates in this role will design and develop information architecture to meet business and customer needs while ensuring alignment to the corporate information strategy. Candidates will be working with the adoption of the corporate content management system, managing and editing the conversion of existing materials into the CMS, and providing ongoing support for an expanding library of materials. This role will be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the implementation of corporate tools and for publishing documentation and online help allowing for improved customer service. Ideal candidates will be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, understand technology and content management, and be able to think outside the box.
The EPS Client Support Publications and Education team provides customer-facing documentation and training for software products. Candidates will be joining this team of 20 technical writers, trainers, and instructional designers.
This position can be hired in Allen, TX.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with content management and/or information architecture.
- Knowledge of or experience with DITA and XML authoring.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of data modeling tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the inter-relations between content, technology and design.
- Ability to balance technical constraints with the product’s purpose and the expectations of its intended users.
- Ability to explain complex problems and concepts to all levels in the organization.
- Enhances team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions. Answers technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members. Teaches improved processes and mentors team members.
- Analyzes and identifies user needs, requirements, preferences, objectives, and working methods. Assesses how a user consumes content, including data categorization, labeling, and meeting with focus groups.
- Plans information architecture by studying the project concept, strategy, and target audience. Plans and envisions the architectural scheme, structure, features, functionality, and user
- Creates user scenarios
,and data models, designs information structure, evaluates information representation, and conducts creative meetings.
- Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout, workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards. Coordinates with designers and developers to integrate concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans. Coordinates with Usability Specialists to evaluate traffic patterns and study user feedback.
- Increases job knowledge by researching information and product design and usability. Participates in educational opportunities including reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Assists in creating an information strategy and ensures alignment with corporate strategy.
- Works with writers to implement DITA principles in their projects.
- Documents processes for department and any IA team procedures as necessary.
- Assists writers with all aspects of content delivery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.