Cyber Security Engineer
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking the right individual for a Cyber Security Engineer position to work in the incident detection group within Incident and Threat Management. This person will ensure the security of company or customer electronic information by performing log monitoring and analysis to identify and triage events and suspected incidents at Jack Henry and Associates. Additionally, this individual will also participate in hunt team exercises as well as blue team and purple team exercises using skills or tools that include log analysis, threat intelligence, and/or anomalous baseline deviations.
To find success, the selected candidate will need to be team-oriented, strongly self-motivated, and comfortable in a fast-paced work environment while continuously improving their professional knowledge and skills. Working as part of Cyber Security & Network Operations – Incident and Threat Management, this geographically dispersed team of 13 is responsible for providing holistic defensive security services to Jack Henry & Associates, including vulnerability management, incident response, analysis, recovery and prevention of malicious traffic and software. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before September 20, 2019.
This position can be based in one of the following locations: San Diego, CA / Seattle, WA / Allen, TX / Alpharetta, GA / Charlotte, NC / Springfield, MO - Primrose or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of information technology or information security experience.
- Must have a professional cybersecurity certification such as: ISC2 CISSP or 1 of the GIAC certifications or must be able to obtain the certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to Travel up to 5% to attend a professional conference.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Performs moderately complex log reviews and forensic analysis to identify unauthorized or unacceptable access to data or systems, including either actual or attempted access. Uses tools and documented processes to determine appropriate actions to take; or
- Responds to alerts and security-related issues following defined processes, escalates issues as appropriate; or
- Researches, recommends, develops, and implements changes to enhance system and data security, including development of new blocking or detection rules for tactics, techniques, and procedures identified via purple team or threat hunting activities.
- Provides moderately complex troubleshooting and support regarding cyber security related issues.
- Provides support for cyber security-related projects as assigned.
- Develops and implements procedures to apply cyber security controls consistent with approved standards.
- Responsible for documentation and process improvement.
- Resolves escalated security cases.
- Completes cyber security-related projects as assigned.
- Provides assistance to less experienced team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.