Entry Level - Network Security Engineer
Are you a Network Security Engineer with a passion for working in a Security Operation Center(SOC)? The Gladiator Security Service team is looking for a Network Security Engineer to join our Security Operations group. Gladiator is known for providing all of its Jack Henry branded clients with top tier network, system and cloud technologies as well as an excellent customer experience. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients and develop strong relationships with their team members. Travel is up to 5%, which is for additional training and or a conference.
You will work with a team of 10 Engineers that bring various levels of expertise. You will need to be able to provide creative thinking and agility/perseverance to ensure team collaboration and the ability to enhance over all team success. The technical environment you will support is Windows Server and Fortigate/Sonicwall/Cisco firewalls based. You will provide technical troubleshooting support/implementations to all external Jack Henry-Gladiator customers remotely; utilizing VPN and or Cloud based technologies. You must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will provide solutions to our customers via email and or phone and work as a team with other engineers on the team.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Gladiator but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Solutions Architect / Project Management / Technical Product Manager / Systems Engineer or progress within Network Engineer. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before September 23, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Springfield, MO (Blackman location) / Alpharetta, GA.
- Must have a minimum of 18 months of Information Technology or Information Security experience.
- Associates degree.
- CISSP / CCNA / Security + / Network +
- Sonicwall / Fortinet certification.
- Project management experience or certification.
- Performs systems monitoring, log reviews and analysis to identify when system has moved out of compliance. Uses tools to determine appropriate actions to take.
- Responds to alerts and security-related issues.
- Provides basic troubleshooting and customer support regarding security related issues.
- Performs penetration testing and vulnerability scanning and coordinates remediation.
- Identifies and evaluates new antimalware tools.
- Provides support for security-related projects as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.