Senior SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer to join the team. In this role, you will work on a team that develops and administers a high-availability SQL Server cluster which supports data persistence, reporting, and business logic for our product suite. As a member of this team you will participate across the software development lifecycle including database design and development. You will be the SQL Server expert on development scrum teams, writing stored procedures, ensuring performance queries, and coaching and peer reviewing changes from software developers.
JHA EPS Ensenta R&D is a leader in "Cloud-based" solutions for the financial services industry. We were awarded as a Best Fintech to Work For and have won "Best Technology" and "Best Functionality" awards for our product. We let clients make easy image-based deposits from a mobile phone, web banking application or ATM.
This position will be hired in Allen, TX.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working with SQL server administration.
- Must have experience with writing and tuning TSQL stored procedures.
- Experience with or knowledge of object orientated programming.
- Experience with or knowledge of code versioning tools Git or TFS.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen and be able to clear a federal background check.
- Knowledge in payment system and solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and systems analysis procedures.
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in development process.
- Maintains several database environments; applies updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Prepares implementation plans for application upgrades and may coordinate rollout.
- Designs database reporting infrastructure.
- Monitors server performance and makes changes as needed. May design performance monitoring systems.
- Mentors new DBA staff and provides training.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to design and optimize all DB environments.
- Prepares scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Performs advanced database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery, and may design disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs installation, configurations, and maintenance for clustered database servers.
- Plans and performs database server upgrades and determines standards for server configuration.
- Performs database reviews and provides input to database design.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures and makes recommendations for optimization.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.