Senior Software Architect
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently seeking a Senior Software Architect to join our Episys Technology Development group. This software architect works collaboratively with customers, and Symitar staff to deliver additional value to our software products.
This position will be based out of our San Diego, CA office.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software engineering and/or software architecture.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- Worked with systems in a variety of different technologies.
- Leading-edge skills in the latest areas of new technology.
- Experience with Java and legacy technologies.
- Excellent technical knowledge in software development methodologies, software design and implementation.
- Previous lending or financial services experience desired.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple project level.
- Excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Deep awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and project/time management skills.
- Ability to code.
- Ability to develop meaningful diagrams to explain complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Collaboratively defines architecture for development of new or enhanced products.
- Translates customer business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer, as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address customer’s business problems.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the company and is responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
- Analyzes the scope, timeline and specifications of tasks. Writes high-level implementation plans for enhancements and fixes to be refined by team members under direction.
- Provides technical assistance to support staff. Assists with implementations of enhancements and fixes by providing coding knowledge.
- Tests and reviews programming to discover any errors and confirm that the programs meet required specifications.
- Creates system and development documentation.
- Administers various change management tasks.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of competing products and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- Develops code for the design/creation of new software products, enhancements, and fixes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.