Test Automation Engineer
Jack Henry and Associates is seeking to hire an exciting position as a Test
ing Automation Engineer. Candidates in this role will help design, develop and maintain automated test scripts by adhering to current automation strategies and best practices. You will evaluate, review, and test new or modified software programs to verify that programs function properly according to user requirements. This is not your typical Test Automation Engineer position with all maintenance support, but a role that will allow individuals to work with a team to build out a new automated testing suite for our continuous integration (CI) pipeline. This position will be focused heavily around being able to automate and develop from the ground up, with support from business domain and application experts. This team and their software have been used by JHA for many years and is now seeking to leverage what they have built and automate testing. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to collaborate with the team, produce results, and have fun!
Jack Henry & Associates’ Yellow Hammer R&D & QA Team delivers the Yellow Hammer suite of products to hundreds of Jack Henry customers providing fraud detection, transaction monitoring, case management and money laundering monitoring. This team of 11 employees is located in the Birmingham, AL and Charlotte, NC areas.
This position can be hired in Hoover, AL, Birmingham, AL or Charlotte, NC.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with object-oriented/functional development or testing automation.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with MicroFocus Unified Functional Testing (UFT), formerly known as HP QuickTest Professional (QTP), preferred.
- UI Automation experience preferred.
- Creates and maintains automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
- Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Coordinates and performs automation projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that automation projects are completed on schedule.
- Establishes/maintains communication with manual testers/teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May submit test plans and test reports for review and feedback.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- Assists more senior team members in maintaining test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- With occasional assistance from more senior team members, analyzes script results and reports issues as requested.
- Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- May assist software developers in designing test cases for unit testing.
- May assist in creating use cases for UML diagrams.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.