Senior iCore Programmer Analyst
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst for the following locations: Springfield, MO, Monett, MO or 100% REMOTE.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a team that develops and writes all custom code with new and older programming languages? If so, this position might be perfect for you! This team is part of Banking Operations where all in-house and outsourced customers are being provided development and support of one of JHA’s high-profile core system platforms. You will be part of a team of 13 team members who work at various JHA locations who are specifically responsible for various technical support and development of applications, testing, delivering software and custom coding. Candidates in this role would be part of an environment that primarily writes and develops custom code for JHA’s core platform Silverlake, utilizing RPG programming.
Candidates must be able to work an on-call rotational schedule to accommodate growing business needs. Jack Henry offers a great work life balance, comprehensive benefits package and career advancement!
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in any programming language.
- Minimum of 2 years of RPG programming experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications for all (SilverLake) core software applications. This includes the most vital and complex multi-product recovery scenarios including but not limited to Core processing reruns, ACH reversals, various interfaces and any urgent core downtime and business scenarios.
- Leads in critical technical engineering support for after-hours shifts or incidents (nights, holidays and weekends). This includes potential long durations of consecutive time over periods of increased volume such as end of year, core upgrades or as randomly necessary.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer, as an immediate authority on the software designed to address customer’s business needs.
- Ensures continued and future success of vital core processes and coordinates critical incidents with all necessary departments.
- Develops the customer’s business and software requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for software solutions and integrating software. Often project-based and typically measured by utilization (i.e., billable hours). Provides reasonable task, project bids and project effort estimates.
- May develop code for the design, creation, and delivery of new software products, enhancements, and fixes.
- Utilizes RPGLE, SQL, XML, CL or any necessary programming language.
- Unit tests and reviews programming to discover any errors and confirm that the programs meet required specifications. Utilizes conversion and software implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the company and is responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
- Provides technical assistance to support staff. Assists with implementations of enhancements and fixes by providing coding knowledge.
- Provides consultation to technical staff.
- Develops support tools.
- Assist less experienced peers and may act as a team lead.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; assists the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of industry developments and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain current service design’s value.
- Administers various change management tasks.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with development and QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.