Technical Support Engineer
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Allen, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical engineering support on various projects in support of our software customers who are utilizing EPS products and services. To be successful in this role, you must have a firm grasp on general technology, and possess strong problem solving and research skills as the customers you will be supporting will frequently have strong technical backgrounds in engineering. The ideal candidate will have exposure to technical projects that utilize Web Services, API’s, SOAP and JSON.
- Must have a minimum of 18 months in technical support, engineering or troubleshooting.
- Must have prior experience working on technical projects.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of web service, API’s, JSON and SOAP.
- Familiar with researching text log files.
- Familiar with sending web service requests using applications such as SoapUI or WCFStorm.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and writing SQL query.
- Familiar with product integration and 3rd party systems.
- Familiar with leading and managing projects.
- Comfortable with scheduling and leading technical conference calls with customers.
- Interacts with product support personnel, and potentially the customer, when the customer’s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
- Provides technical assistance to customers. Provides support to customers/users if product issues are encountered. Analyzes the problem as described by the customer and determines the best course of action.
- Interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background.
- Includes all appropriate departments to facilitate a successful resolution to any client issue.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to software engineering. Creates defect records on all reported issues with supporting files and examples for development to create code fixes.
- Prepares test environment when necessary to simulate, document or recreate errors or problems reported by customer to determine appropriate action. May prepare test environment and test new enhancements or other internal quality testing.
- Facilitates and leads troubleshooting call bridges as necessary.
- Manages and drives multiple technical projects providing weekly updates to management until completion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.