Senior Network Field Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Senior Network Field Engineer to join the Symitar team. This position provides client support and in-depth technical assistance pertaining to hardware configuration, connectivity, and Pseries support. Additionally, you will provide the required tasks to successfully install network operating system software and Episys core application within the client’s network environment.
As a Senior Network Field Engineer, you will lead and installs network operating system software and Episys core application software on new or existing server-class hardware, install peripherals and communication equipment required for implementations including tape drives, routers, terminal servers, and switches. You will be expected to perform client migrations as well as transfer data from the current system environment to the new one. Analyzes networks using tools such as ping, traceroute, nslookup, and arp to determine potential issues and make suggestions for recommended changes.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a Network Administration or Field Engineer role.
- Experience working with MS 2010 Server, Microsoft Operating System, AIX, UNIX and/or ancillary systems such as Cisco.
- Customer service experience.
- Certified in one of the following technical certifications: Microsoft’s MCSA, Cisco’s CCNP or CCDP or CCSP, IBM Certified Specialist in AIX or pSeries servers, Citrix’s CCA or CCEA.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent product knowledge.
- Excellent customer relations and service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of network systems including LAN and WAN networks.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to assist in creating process and procedure documentation.
- Provides advanced technical support to customers, product specialists, and consultants regarding networks/systems.
- Will handle escalated support cases for existing clients, back up NHS Management with Peer Review and Case Assignment.
- Directs, coordinates and performs on-site customer work including complex installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance. Resolves second and third-level customer problems and answers questions for customers and less experienced engineers. Resolves issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers. Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.
- Serves as the customer service focal point during the projects and for a defined time period following completion.
- Establishes and executes project task lists with dates and responsibilities. Ensures execution of each task.
- Maintains relationships with the customer project team members and various JHA departments and individuals.
- Travels to the customer site to support the project and train the customer.
- Assists with problem resolution as required by applying personal experience in combination with various vendors and networks.
- Assists with training new staff members, peer review of support cases and assists manager with support case assignments.
- Creates internal or customer-facing documentation such as upgrade procedures, troubleshooting procedures, process documentation, industry literature, etc.
- May perform pre-sales technical support duties, including assisting the sales team with the preparation of proposals and customer demonstrations.
- May prepare statements of work for upcoming installations, migrations or other on-site projects for customers.
- Assists and provides direction on case resolution to less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.