Database Technical Support Engineer (SQL Server)
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Database Technical Support Engineer to join the team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing Tier II support, installation, upgrades and maintenance on the JHAKnow and Cognos products. You will work closely with 3rd party data imports, conduct reporting and assist both the QA and development teams with certain functionalities of the products. The ideal candidate will have a background in database administration or support with extensive knowledge in SQL Server. We are seeking someone who can act both independently and collaboratively with a team to resolve complex issues while demonstrating commitment to customer satisfaction and service.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in database administration/support.
- Must have experienced working directly with internal and external customers.
- Must have experience with SQL Server.
- Must be available for after hours support as needed.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience installing IBM Cognos on a Single and Multi-Tenant Environment
- Experience with Cognos Framework Manger
- Experience with the Cognos SDK.
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Experience with SSAS, SSRS and SSIS.
- Experience working within a Microsoft .Net environment.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair equipment, systems, software or hardware.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable applications (and those that interact); good knowledge of other JHA products.
- Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware and networking issues. Good knowledge of SQL, remoting and operating systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Interacts with product support personnel, and potentially the customer, when the customer’s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
- Provides technical assistance to customers. Provides support to customers/users if product issues are encountered. Analyzes the problem as described by the customer and determines the best course of action.
- Interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background.
- Includes all appropriate departments to facilitate a successful resolution to any client issues.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Creates defect records on all reported issues with supporting files and examples for R&D to create code fixes.
- Prepares test environment when necessary to simulate, document or recreate errors or problems reported by customer to determine appropriate action. May prepare test environment and test new enhancements or other internal quality testing.
- Writes and creates scripts and tools.
- Documents job related procedures.
- Provides mentoring/training to less experienced peers.
- Maintains familiarity with company products by attending training classes, observing experienced support personnel, reading software documentation, and participating in on-line training programs.
- Bids and completes Customer Work Requests (CWRs) in accordance with company standards.
- May be involved in customer installations, upgrades, and training.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.