Network Field Engineer
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Network Field Engineer to join the Symitar team. This position provides client support and in-depth technical assistance pertaining to hardware configuration, connectivity and pSeries support. Additionally, you will provide required tasks to successfully install network operating system software and Episys core application within the client’s network environment.
As a Network Field Engineer, you will lead and installs network operating system software and Episys core application software on new or existing server class hardware, install peripherals and communication equipment required for implementations including tape drives, routers, terminal servers and switches. You will be expected to perform client migrations as well as transfer data from the current system environment to the new one. Analyzes networks using tools such as ping, traceroute, nslookup, and arp to determine potential issues and make suggestions for recommended changes.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a Network Administration or Field Engineer role.
- Experience working with MS 2010 Server, Microsoft Operating System, AIX, UNIX and/or ancillary systems such as Cisco.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must be able to work on-call every six weeks.
- Certified in one of the following technical certifications: Microsoft’s MCSA, Cisco’s CCNP or CCDP or CCSP, IBM Certified Specialist in AIX or pSeries servers, Citrix’s CCA or CCEA.
- VMware experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong customer relations and service skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of network systems including LAN and WAN networks.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Solid technical leadership skills.
- IBM or SAN experience.
- Install operating system software and Episys core application software on new or existing server class hardware
- Install peripherals and communication equipment required for implementations including terminal servers, switches, printers, signature pads and check endorsers
- Create print queues and configuration files on core servers
- Training of clients on basic operations of hardware solution
- Perform client migrations; transfer data from the current system environment to the new one.
- Analyze networks using tools such as Wireshark, ping, traceroute, nslookup, and arp to determine potential issues and make suggestions for recommended changes.
- Provide phone support to existing customers; adequate prioritization, documentation and management of case queue
- Resolve more than 50% of cases with no assistance while following JHA jSource Standards.
- Follow standard operating procedures for field projects. Prepare a "statement of work" for upcoming installations, migrations or other on-site work for clients. Deliver timely communication of status of work appropriate for management and client; correspond with customer and other divisions within the company to insure all customer concerns and issues are resolved within accepted timeframes.
- Participate in “on-call” rotation as dictated by department management; answer client calls after regular business hours and work to resolution by leveraging personal knowledge or other NHS resources as needed.
- Assist with special projects as requested by NHS Management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.